Monday, June 30, 2008

Sealing the Deal


Saturday was the 11th anniversary of the 3rd best day of my life: my wedding. I'm amazed at the love we still have for eachother, as well as the fact that we can still talk - not always about our kids - and that we make eachother laugh every damn single day. Yes, we've made some little mistakes here and there, and not every day is kittens, unicorns and rainbows, but overall, we're two happy people who love eachother deeply, and our friendship is strong enough to get us through the non-kitten/rainbow/unicorn-ey days.

Besides, how awesome is my Lawnboy? Each year up to this point, he has made me a gift by hand that coincides with the traditional anniversary gift. Last year was tin, so I got homemade wind chimes, made out of the tops of soup cans (it's really cooler than it sounds). He's ridiculous, and I've never reciprocated, if you were wondering. Eleven is apparently The Year of Stainless Steel, and a few days ago, he said "crap, I haven't figured out how to weld yet." I let him off the hook this year, but he came home with flowers and the new David Sedaris book anyway, which, if I am to be 100% honest, I'll probably enjoy more than I would a welded something or other.

He is the kindest, most gentle soul I've ever come across. I was lucky to find him when I did, even luckier to realize I'd found him, and luckier still to answer his proposal with tears and an immediate OMIGOD YES.

So, hooray for us!

Those other two days? If you haven't figured it out yet: January 17th, 2001, and January 31st, 2007. The days our gorgeous and amazing boys were born.

1 comment:

Stacie said...

11 years is amazing...CONGRATS!!!