Thursday, September 25, 2008

Unnatural Affinity for Swedish Ingenuity

Did I tell you we're REMODELING OUR KITCHEN???

YeeHAW! It all starts this week, and I didn't have to stamp my foot (too hard) to get my way.

And let me tell you, my way was THIS SINK:


In preparation, I've been stockpiling food in the freezer, hoarding paper boxes from work, and freaking out at having my in-laws in our tiny house for so long.

Love you guys, I really do, but it's difficult enough sharing a bathroom with my own 3 boys. I hope we're all speaking to each other by the time your plane leaves.

I have chosen, for the sake of my relationship with these beautiful people, to NOT take any vacation time during their visit. Grandma Kay has free reign on playing with Fezzik the whole time she's here, and Lawnboy and Grandpa Dave will be fastidious about the kitchen.

That's the plan, anyway. Before and after pictures to follow, I promise!

Things to do:
1. Donate old cabinets to Habitat for Humanity if they'll take them
2. Unpack current cabinets
3. Everything else

1 comment:

Anna said...

Good luck with the kitchen and the in-laws! I can't wait to see the before and after shots.

And, for the record, I would like to remind you that I've been living with the in-laws and one bathroom for three months now. Just sayin'.