Thursday, October 09, 2008

The Week of the Baby Doll Arms

I would like to lay it on the line for you right now and say that I don't go in for trends. Remember the movie "Titanic?" I don't, because I never saw it. Were you an early adopter of Capri Pants? It took me a good year before I tried on a pair of those puppies. And right now, I'm giving those stupid open-toed boots the stink-eye. I hope I won't have to go on record next year and tell you I have three pair. Which gets me to my point: I didn't read "The Secret," and I don't think I believe in the Law of Attraction.

However, that doesn't mean I don't appreciate coincidence when it crosses my path.

You know how when you first spot someone new at work, and then it seems like they're following you down every hallway? Or how about when you learn the definition of a new, big word? Shortly thereafter, it's on a billboard you pass on your way to work. And in an email from your company's CEO, and then you hear it on CNN the next day. You know what I'm talking about, right?

Well, this week, this weirdness was manifested in the form of baby doll arms. Suddenly they are everywhere. I told you that I was shopping for a unique rack for my sister's birthday. I hit Etsy to see what cool handcrafted thing I could find, but all that turned up was this.

What the?! Creepy! I sent a picture to Sis to make her laugh, and she asked me to please not send her one.

Then, Saturday night? What should appear before my very eyes, but this?! Awesome, but also extremely creepy!


Enjoy the week of the baby doll arms with me, and please let me know if you run into any yourself!

No comments: