Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day


Been battling a combination of bacterium and viruses (is that viri?) this week, but I do have a few pictures from before we got sick.

We went to the Seattle Tilth Spring Plant Sale last weekend, and while we were playing on the playground, we stumbled upon Dave Matthews, who was there with his wee toddler. We kept our cool, just smiled warmly at him, and he seemed like a really nice, involved dad. Oh, yeah, we bought some plants too.

Lawnboy and I are considering starting a new blog about our garden, because we're just that nerdy. We're using Steve Soloman's low-irrigation method wherever possible (my cherry tomato in the pot gets watered, thank you very much), so it should be an interesting year. We also figured out what kind of bug had the nerve to drill holes through our carrots last year, and have grand plans to avoid the bastards with floating row covers this year. The potato issues are still very much a mystery, but we planted some more this year as we got them as a gift from my coworker (thanks Sharon!).

My laziness knows no bounds, especially on this holy day. I told the fam that I wanted a day of "gluttony and sloth" but I don't think I'll realize that goal, due to the fact that my Weight Watchers meeting is tomorrow, and Tiny Giant Two was up at 5:30 this morning. Smiling though, so I can't complain.

We're off to Dad's for at least a little gluttony!

No comments: