Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Inside the Crafters Studio

James Lipton/Inside the Actors' Studio cracks me up. I do like the idea of a formatted interview. Bloggy friends, please feel free to post and answer these questions on your own blogs.

And now, a word from your host:

  1. What is your favorite word? Epiphany. I like how it looks, I like how it's spelled, and I love the definition.
  2. What is your least favorite word? Turd. My mom banned this word from our vocabularies when I was a kid, and I've got to say, that had an impact. I despise this word.
  3. What turns you on creatively? Beauty. Simplicity. The thought of making something for someone I know will appreciate my efforts.
  4. What turns you off creatively? Complications that arise in the middle of a project.
  5. What sound or noise do you love? The quiet of the woods on a camping trip, and my kids' belly laughter.
  6. What sound or noise do you hate? People speaking unkind words about other people. And repetitive small noises, especially in the car.
  7. Who is your favorite hero or heroine in fiction? Hmmm. Maybe Taylor Greer from The Bean Trees.
  8. What craft other than your own would you like to attempt? Pottery. Hands down.
  9. What craft would you not like to do? I don't like fiddly things like scrapbooking and card-making. They're too precious for me. I appreciate folks who have the patience and desire to do them, they are just not for me.
  10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? "You were wrong about the whole God thing, but we'll take you anyway. Your mom is right this way."

No comments: